The best Android emulator for PC
The mobile operating system Android and its official application store, Google Play, offer us loads of tools, games and apps to be used on our smartphone or tablet. There are millions of applications available and they cover any sort of need we may have on our mobile phone.
Millions of Android applications available for Windows.
But, what if we wanted to use those same applications on Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10? Well, the easiest thing is to resort to an Android emulator as is the case of BlueStacks App Player, from where we can launch any APK on our PC to be able to play mobile games like Pokémon GO, Clash of Clans or Candy Crush Saga, or applications we usually use on our smartphone like Snapchat or Instagram.
- Emulation of Android games and applications.
- Camera integration to use applications like Snapchat or Instagram.
- Supports ARM and x86 architectures.
- Integration with microphones, mouse, keyboard and multi-touch screens.
- Run APKs with a double click.
- Bluetooth support to speed up transfers of files between computers and phones.
- Mirroring to other devices such as TVs.
- Synchronization with user services on Google Play.
- Take screenshots.
- Possibility to synchronize with your phone by means of BlueStacks Cloud Connect by means of inserting a PIN number.
- Portable version that doesn't require an installation.
BlueStacks vs the competition. Better than Andy or YouWave?
It's obviously not the only Android emulator for PC. There are plenty of other alternatives out there to run applications and games designed for Google's operating system on a Windows computer. Among the most popular possibilities, we have to mention Nox, Genymotion, Andy or YouWave. But is it better than these other alternatives?
The option we offer you is the easiest to install any kind of Android application on our computer but it might not be the most indicated one for specific configurations. Although it's equally valid, it might be more suitable to use Andy to emulate games, and it also offers other advanced functions such as the possibility to receive push notifications from apps on our desktop.
On the other hand, YouWave is focused on technologically advanced users that are looking for a completer experience when it comes to emulating an Android handset, with access to a full user interface and the possibility to rotate the screen as if we were handling a real-life phone. However, it has one big problem: it's not free.
How to play Pokémon GO on your PC with BlueStacks?
As we've said before, being able to play mobile games on a computer with a mouse and a keyboard is one of the greatest advantages of this kind of software. And being able to play the most successful title of the year, as is the case of Pokémon GO is also possible with this emulator. But not only will you be able to play Niantic's title, but you'll also be able to trick it into thinking that you're really traveling around the world hunting down Pokémons. You've only got to follow these instructions:
- Step 1: Download BlueStacks and install it on your computer.
- Step 2: Disable the device's camera from the registry editor.
- Step 3: Root the emulated device thanks to an app like KingRoot.
- Step 4: Install the cracker Lucky Patcher.
- Step 5: Get hold of a decent location spoofer like Fly GPS.
- Step 6: Download and install the APK of Pokémon GO.
- Step 7: Run Fly GPS in expert mode and choose your fake location.
- Step 8: Set out to catch Pokémons around the world from your sofa.
Now that you know, you're probably asking yourself where to download this emulator to your PC. Don't search any longer, here you can find a link to get hold of the latest and fastest version of this emulation software.
What's new in the latest version
- New settings that improve the user experience.
- New file explorer functions that allow us to share photos via messaging applications.
- Requires a Google account to access certain services.
- Requires an active Internet connection to complete the installation.
BlueStacks Cloud Connect Android 22.214.171.124
Launch and synchronize Android applications on a PC